Skip to main content

Update

Well hello...its been a while. You miss me? Probably not but hey I don't blame ya. But i'm back...sort of.  Here lies the biggest issue with doing a sports blog...the offseason is hard. Gotta brainstorm and come with with shit and some things sound good then you go ewww. my problem not yours, but I do think I have something so lets share it.

Sidenote, I hope to get the podcast going soon, just not sure if I want to mirror what I write on here or stick to topics that would be easier to yap about for 20 minutes instead of typing.

So what I have planned over the next few weeks is my rankings of the conferences, talking about one at a time from the one I believe is the weakest to the one I feel is best, trying to get two per week though if I'm going good I'll try for three. The format of these breakdowns will go as follows:

  1. Placement reasoning
  2. 2017 Recap
  3. Playoff/National Championship contenders
  4. Teams to add/subtract
  5. Best/Worse
    • Stadium
    • Fan Base
    • Tradition
    • Uniforms
  6. 2018 Outlook
I might add something else to that, especially that best/worst section but we shall see.

I do have a few other topics of discussion planned, some I really think are outside of the general conversation, but I've been debating on whether or not to have them here, as the first couple of podcast episodes or do both.  Pretty sure how things go with the conference rundown will determine how I go about things with that. Anyways, that's all I got for now. I hope to get the first conference out of the way by the end of the week. And a hint of what's to come...its one of the HBU conferences. Alright lets get to work

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarterfinal Predictions

Not gonna lie I probably should have done this for the entire playoffs but I had been on the fence about doing something like this. We will see how this goes and if I actually get this out before the first game which is in about 3 hours. Maybe if I get the first one out I'll post then update as I go along. But anyways onto the predictions. NO scores or anything like that just what I'm looking out for and who is gonna come out on top. There are some very interesting matchups for the Quarterfinals as only one is really considered a mismatch, and that is only because its NDSU in the FargoDome. Outside of that these are very evenly matched teams who in one case mirror one other so closely. As talked about in the last post, home teams so far in the playoffs are 15-1 and most of the games haven't been close. I will say this, I have at least one road team winning this weekend Onto the picks: No. 7 seed Maine (9-3) at No. 2 seed Weber State (10-2) Kickoff - 8 p.m. ET    Co...

#12 - The Pioneer League

Next on this list comes the most unique conference in all FCS football...probably all football period. The Pioneer League holds the distinction of being the only non-scholarship, football-only NCAA Football Championship Subdivision conference. And I'd have to double check this but I believe its the only one of its kind period among all levels of NCAA sanctioned football. And when you think about all of that and see the level of football you get from the Pioneer league now, the arrow is really pointing up for the conference in terms of respectability and level of play. Placement Reasoning Like a lot of teams on this list, the Pioneer League is a very top-heavy conference with San Diego having a two year stranglehold on the top spot. But teams like Dayton, Drake, and in the past Jacksonville are trying to rise to the level of the Toreros. And all of those teams have the capability to step out and grab non-conference wins against solid opponents. Where the league falls short and e...

Semi-Final Predictions

Needless to say, the matchups this week are really good. You don't get to the point as a team just by sheer luck, you gotta have some talent behind you and all four of these teams have talent. Both games are a toss-up and you almost wish they were played on a neutral site but even then I have no doubt that we are gonna have two really good games between teams that are pretty evenly matched. I went 3-1 last week last week though I should have pulled the trigger on Maine, but don't hold it against me. Looking around at a few of the other FCS publications I've seen all four teams picked at a decent spread and all four have arguments for being in the national championship. I do think we will see an unexpected matchup in the national championship a couple weeks from now. No. 7 Maine (10-3) at No. 3 Eastern Washington (11-2) Kickoff - 2 p.m. ET    Coverage - ESPN2 Series - First meeting Matchups like this are awesome...it puts two teams that might play ...